Whether you join us for the day, or make a weekend of it, there will be plenty to do. The program will be:
- 12 noon to 5 pm – setup for the display
- Some locals will be heading out for a ride during the afternoon if anyone wants to join in
- 5 pm – welcome drinks at the Kangaroo Hotel, where there will be a chance to meet our sponsors and fellow enthusiasts
- 8 am to 10 am – setup for the display
- 10 am to 5 pm – display of classic steel bikes, open to the public
- 11 am – join some locals for an informal short cruise around the historic centre of town
- 1 pm – Maldon Hospital raffle drawn
- 1.30 pm – the auction of a classic 1980s steel bicycle; advance bids can be registered prior to the auction.
- Around 2 pm – there will be the opportunity to join some locals for a longer road ride
- 4 pm – prizes announced (Sponsors Choice, People’s Choice, Best Story, and others)
- 5 pm to 6 pm – collect bikes from the display
- 7:30 pm – Film night hosted by Maldon Golden Movies film society at the Maldon Neighbourhood Centre
- 8 am to 12 noon – collect bikes from the display
- Mid-morning – an informal ride around town to see the historic sights
Prices – to be paid on the day
- Public entry on Saturday – $5
- To display a bike (or bikes) and participate – $10
- Film night – $10
- Please register your interest on the Registration Page, and provide details of the bikes you plan to display
- Remember to bring a display stand for your bike if you have one. We will have limited stands available for hire or sale, but we cannot guarantee stock for all.
The very entertaining The Triplets of Belleville will be shown at Maldon Neighbourhood Centre. This is an animated fantasy about a ‘wanna be’ Tour de France rider. Drinks and snacks available at bar prices.
A wide range of accommodation is available in Maldon – try Maldon Getaways as the principal accommodation business in town.
Please get in touch via the Contact Us page